Archive for the ‘Thanksgiving’ Category
So a few days ago, I probably should have posted something about being Thankful for Stuff… but I was travelling, eating, and spending time with actual, real, people instead… Oh, and eating Turkey… lots and lots of Turkey.
So here’s my late, and not all-inclusive, list of what I’m Thankful For This Year:
1. Family. We’ve lost some important people in our family… some more recently than others. I am grateful for the memories that I have with those that left too soon, and I’m grateful for those that are still around.
2. Technology. This seems like an odd thing to be thankful for, but I don’t think it is. Technology allows me to be in contact with FAMILY no matter where they are geographically. I may not utilize all of the technology I have at my disposal, but I am grateful for my ability to keep in touch in my own way, my own time.
3. Shelter. Chicago gets cold. I get to be warm. I am thankful for that.
4. Employment. I may not always be a fan of my job, but I am always grateful to have something to do, somewhere to go, every day. The consistent paycheck doesn’t hurt either.
5. Yarn. It’s a KNITTING BLOG! Of course I have to mention this! This year is my first year as “A Knitter”. Knitting has helped me through many of the rough times of this year. It is meditative, fun, interesting, and it gives me a sense of accomplishment. When things at work seem never-ending, or when something I have to do seems daunting, I can pick up some string and a few sticks and create something. It is an amazing feeling, and I am thankful that I get to have it.
There is obviously more, but this seems to hit most of the big stuff.
Now, as promised…. me wearing my new hat:
|From Finished Stuff|